‘Step Up’ With Watford FC’s Community Trust
This event is organised by Watford FC’s CSE Trust
JOIN US FOR THE STEP UP CHALLENGE ON SUNDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2021.
Step Up for Shape Up is a stair climbing challenge event taking place at Vicarage Road Stadium in Watford, the home of Watford FC. Participants take up the challenge to climb up and down the stands within the stadium whilst raising money for Watford FC’s Community Trust programmes.
All adult participants must pledge to raise a minimum of £40 sponsorship for Watford FC’s CSE Trust. Children must pledge to raise £10.
To set up your own Just Giving page use the link below: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/StepUpEvent2021
- Location: Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER
- Start time: First Wave 10.00
- Distances: 1750 steps/102 floors
- Minimum Age: 6 yrs
- Activity: Stair Challenge
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: Under 16yrs – £10 (plus min £10 fundraising) | Adults – £20 (plus min £40 fundraising).
- UKA License No: Not applicable
- Event Cancellation & Refund Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a deferral to the next event. If you cannot take part you can request a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable).
- Additional Fees: A booking fee will be added at the checkout. This will the greater of either £1 or 6%
- Event Organiser: Watford FC’s CSE Trust
- Organiser Email: Rhys.Ratcliffe@watfordfc.com
- Official Event Website: www.shapeupherts.com/step-up
Race packs will be collected at the event venue on the morning of the race. Registration will open at 08:30am and will close at 09:15am. Please arrive in sufficient time to collect your number. Packs will not be sent in advance, collection on the day only. Your registration and start wave time will be communicated 1 week prior to the event.
Entries will be accepted on the day.
The event starts on the Rookery concourse before completing each stand in an anticlockwise circuit of the stadium.
This is a one lap event with 1750 steps to climb up and down.
1 lap race classed as stair climbing challenge.
A custom medal for all finishers.
It is important that participants must be able to walk or run and climb stairs and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
There will no parking at the event village, but a list of local carparks within walking distance will be provided.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets will be available. There will be a secure baggage area, however, all valuables should be left at home.
Yes, but not inside the stadium
No. The course is not wheelchair friendly.
No. The course is not buggy friendly.
There will be several water stations placed around the course.
There will be step counts at the top of each stand.
We will have sports massage, inflatables and food available on the day.
Event Cancellation & Refund Policy
If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a deferral to the next event. If you cannot take part you can request a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable).
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- A booking fee will be added at checkout. This will be the greater of £1 or 6%
|Step Up Adult Entry||£20|
|Step Up Junior Entry||£10|
- April 1, 2021